Lemon Garlic Scallops
Prep time: 15 min Yield: 4
For this recipe, use a large cast-iron skillet
- 2 lbs. large scallops
- 2 Tbsp quality, high smoke-point oil, such as avocado oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Juice from 3 lemons
- 1 Tbsp dried tarragon
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- If scallops are frozen, thaw completely in cold water.
- Thoroughly pat scallops dry (do not skip this step).
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-high heat until very hot. (Scallops should sizzle when you add to skillet)
- Without overcrowding, add scallops. Sprinkle salt and pepper while cooking.
- Fry 2-3 minutes on one side, until edges begin to brown. Flip and fry for an additional 2-3 minutes. (Scallops should be opaque in the middle)
- Remove from skillet and transfer to plate.
- In same skillet, melt butter. Add garlic, tarragon, and lemon juice. Saute’ for 2-3 min.
- Drizzle scallops with lemon butter and serve!